A common option to add to a dashboard is a Side Panel. This is a place where one or more filtering options can be configured that applies to one ore more gadgets in the dashboard.
The general steps are:
- Add the Side Panel gadget. Optionally, add a name (such as Filters)
- Add one or more of the following and configure each after adding (category, number, or date selector)
- For each “selector” configure the:
- Layer (data) and data field
- Selector – how will the choices be presented to the user
- Action – target gadget to filter, zoom when the user makes a selection. Each “selector” can have multiple action
- Test the functionality
See the video below that shows some of these options.